Sunday, February 17, 2013

VCMP Challenges #3 and #4

I enjoyed both of the next VCMP challenges.  #3 is from Bunny Scrap - selective embossing.  I made several samples with my Big Shot to get the pressure just right and here's my card:
Stamps from Our Craft Lounge - Just Bugz.
Embossing folders - Swiss Dots and Circle Dots
Twine from Michael's Recollections brand
 
#4 Challenge - Wings with Things from Penguin Papers. This theme is full of ideas - not only birds but also vehicles that have wings.  I decided on butterflies and used Perfect Pearls to color them in.  Perfect Pearls is so easy to use - I just dipped my paintbrush in water, added some pearls and colored in the butterfly.  If you emboss your image first, the Perfect Pearls resists the embossing and keeps the paint within the lines.
Stamps are from My Favorite Things Inspired by Butterflies Stamp & Die combo set.
I am so inspired by all the work I've seen so far in the challenges - unbelievable!


3 comments:

  1. I like your mix of the big and small dots on your card! That bug is adorable. I love the colors on the butterflies. I've been wanting to try the embossing with the perfect pearls. Thanks for joining the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the variety of embossed papers you used on your cards. They both turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards. I like your embossed backgrounds on both these cards--the texture really adds a lot to your cards! Thanks for playing along in my Things with Wings challenge for this weekend’s VCMP! I hope you had a good time! --Yvonne

    ReplyDelete