Wednesday, February 13, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown

Our MWT challenge at OWH is to use colors from our state flag for our card.  Here's South Carolina's flag:
See?  I've got two colors - blue and white.  Two.  Yep that's right - two.  Just two.
 
But that's what a challenge is, right?  I kept the card simple and cut out the background and the word "Sympathy" in white for a 4.25 square card:
Did I mention that I had two colors?  Do you hear me whining?  OK, OK I'm done!
 
Next time, can we do state flowers, please?  South Carolina's got a great state flower!
 


7 comments:

  1. I think you did very well for the limited color choices. I absolutely love that background, so pretty! Great job with this week's MWT challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the background is beautiful! Such an elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For only two color they are nice. The background is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card-- love how you used the two colors :) That background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background design! Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card! That cutout design is pretty spectacular along with the sentiment cut out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Erika- it is ok to whine- but you did a fabulous job! The background is stunning- did you use your cricut? Hey- I just noticed-- you only had 2 colors! lol And at least you got a gorgeous blue to work with! I do not even know what my state flower is! lol

    ReplyDelete