Thursday, February 28, 2013

Recipe card

Hello there!  This week, the Midweek Throwdown at OWH is a Recipe Mix:
1 Embossing folder
1 Border Punch or die
2 Patterned papers
1 Ribbon
 
And it sounded like a great challenge, except I was tired and so was my mojo, so I struggled to find something to put together.  Here's my entry:
Layer by layer:
Background paper embossed with Kaisy's Brocade Cuttlebug folder
Yellow strip with an EK success border punch
Pattern paper #1 - paper from a SSS stamp kit
Pattern Paper #2 - Sentiment cut from Wild Card cartridge
Ribbon: From my stash with Liquid Pearls accents
 
Done!  Matching patterned paper is not easy, my friends.  There's a bunch of talented ladies with cards in this week's MWT - they made it look easy - but I worked hard for this card.  It's all good in the end, though cuz that's what a challenge is.
 
Take it easy.


1 comment:

  1. I like the sentiment-I need to pull out that cartridge! Love the embossing and the liquid pearls on the ribbon- nice touch! I liked this challenge-but it was not the easiest one for me either!

    ReplyDelete