Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Get to the point - Bootcamp lesson

Whew!  I'm still recovering from this weekend's VCMP.  I commented/reviewed every card made for my challenge and was impressed with the creativity of everyone.
 
This month's Bootcamp lesson is Creating a strong focal point.  Here are my entries:
The lighthouse is from Stacy Stamps, which I stamped on blue cardstock and colored in with Inktense pencils.  I felt that the image needed a white oval background to help it stand out against the red cardstock.  The papers are from my stash with the sentiment going from left and leading the eye to the right and the image.  Well, at least that's my hope!
 
I enjoy your comments and critique - it's always good to learn something new.  Thanks for the lesson, Paula!
 


3 comments:

  1. Nice job! I definitely look right at the lighthouse first and adding the white border was brilliant. The high contrast it gives really grabs your viewers attention and the red and white against the blue card stock is really nice. We are so used to seeing colored images against a white background that doing this creates a striking effect. The strong contrast in the stripes on your second card gives it nice weight at the bottom and it makes the image stand out even more then it does against the white stripe in the first card. Thanks for participating in the February Bootcamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- the white border really is a great touch- made my eye go right to your lighthouse! i love the stripes in the 2nd card-very classy looking card! TFS

    ReplyDelete