Friday, July 5, 2013

Sympathy cards

I took a day off from work today and finished up some scrapbooking.  I don't know what my scrapbook alternative will be now that Creative Memories is in bankruptcy. :-( 
 
I needed a few sympathy cards and here's the first one:
 
I think teal and silver make a calming color combination. I used a Memory Box die and mounted it on a piece of vellum.
 
My second card:
My focal point is a piece of watercolor paper, white embossed with a floral stamp and then colorwashed with Distress Inks Peacock Feathers and Shaded Lilac.  The vellum behind is from my stash. 
 
It takes me a long time to put together these type of cards - I want them to be simple yet elegant.
 
I'm entering this card in a new card challenge blog - An Inky Situation. 
 
Take care.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment