Sunday, December 2, 2012

OWH Sketch 149

Today's OWH sketch went together pretty fast for me, because I already had the center "Love" stamp colored.  I bought Inktense pencils because of Jennifer McGuire's recent blogposts about it (she enabled me, darn it!).  They really are as good as she claims!
 
I white embossed the "Love" stamp and then used the watercolor pencils and a water brush to color it in.  The papers I used are from the Simon Says Stamp August Card kit:
 
This really was a 15 minute card for me.  Woohoo!
 
Yesterday I went to my first card & cookie swap and had a great time.  I was inspired by so many of the cards that the ladies prepared and we spent hours happily making each other's cards and chatting.
These are some of the cards that I made:
The ladies made not only cards, but gift cards, tags and candy holders - very creative.  I hope we do this again soon.
 
I can't believe we're into December already, but I've got plenty of holiday cards to send off now so I can concentrate on getting more OWH cards done!  Hope you had a nice weekend.


4 comments:

  1. Love that card. Nice idea to use the breads in the corners. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself at your swap. The cards you made a fantastic, quite a nice range. Nice Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card. Looks like you get some great swaps as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for your card! I really love the spring colors. Thank you so much, Erika, for making a card for sketch #149 and OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your base papers are adorable esp with that border punch! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete