Sunday, November 25, 2012

Triple embossing

When I saw that today's OWH sketch had a tag, it made me think of Tim Holtz, which made me think of Distress Inks, which made me think of embossing, so off I went.  I've had this "Love" stamp for a while (one of the first stamps I ever bought) and I've been playing around with it, coloring it, embossing it...without good results.   I decided to give it another try.
 
I pulled it out again, placed swirly Inkadinkado stamps around it and embossed it on a tag in red embossing powder.  For the second embossing, I colored in the word "Love" with my Versamark pen, and embossed it with Antique Gold powder.  Then I distressed the entire tag with Vintage Photo and embossed one of the flowers again with my Versamark pen.  I shook clear embossing powder over the whole tag. 
 
I hunted down some World Traveler 6x6 paper from Teresa Collins and used that behind the tag.  After playing with the paper, I ended up changing the entire card and it really doesn't look much like the sketch...but hey - the sketch still inspired me!
 
A little closeup of my triple embossing:
And here was the inspirational sketch:
 
I had a relaxing Thanksgiving weekend, and I'm sad to see it end.  I'm getting ready for my first card swap with 15 ladies.  I accidentally bought deep purple Stampin' Up paper (I thought it was blue) and thought a white/silver/purple holiday card would be great.
 
But....I really struggled with it.  I wanted to make a swing card, but couldn't get it right.  In the end, this is the card I'm bringing:
The deer is cut from the Winter Woodland cartridge; the embellishments are from Spellbinder dies and the white background is white glitter paper, embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. 
 
Then I had to make 15 kits for the ladies.  Here's some of them on my desk...
And that's not all!  We're also doing a cookie exchange and I've got to churn out 7 dozen cookies!  I'm looking forward to it, but I'm going to be worn out from it too!
 
Thanks for reading my long post and wish me speedy cookie baking.....
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Oh my.....I am absolutely IN LOVE with your wonderful Deep Purple Reindeer cards.....AWESOME!! My favorite colors and I also love all the wonderful sparkle!! These are amazing...!! I can't begin to say just how much I LOVE each one!!

    And you are baking too..WOWweeeeeee!! Where do you find all the time and energy! You are one busy gal and I'm sure you'll be exhausted and sleep very well tonight!!

    PS: You OWH card is also a cutie and I'm sure it will be well-loved -- it's really very pretty and has that touch of elegance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off my wishes are here for you with your baking. I have no doubt you'll get everything on on time. I have to say that I absolutely love your OWH card. You put a lot of thought and time creating this beauty. Well done. You swap cards are just stunning. I love the purple and those backgrounds are gorgeous. I'm glad you got some time to relax and create, we have benefited from your busy weekend by being able to view all of these lovely cards. I wish you a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore the sketch card...yummy! I really like the purple for your swap...something a little different. I assume you are getting cookies in return...lucky u! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your baking; wow that's a lot to do!! your sketch card is stunning - love the triple stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are jumping right into the holiday festivities! Both cards are wonderful and the recipients of each of these cards will be very lucky indeed. Have fun baking...I can't even begin to think about Christmas cookies yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What you did with that tag is amazing! I love love love it! I have some crafty time today and I think I'll try it. Great cards and have fun at the swap! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your embossing is fabulous! I like that you turned the tag to the side- different from the sketch! Your card and cookie swap sounds like a lot of fun! Your reindeer card is great! (I sometimes have a hard time telling purple and blues apart.... ) You did a great job with the deep purple- very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! That tag for the sketch card is absolutely fabulous! Great card using this week's sketch. Your swap card is amazing - I love the metallic paper behind the deer cutout. Have fun at your cookie and card swap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that triple embossed tag! I have that same stamp set, too :) Thanks for joining us in this week's Operation Write Home sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete