Thursday, May 10, 2012

OWH Scrappy background

OWH challenged us to use up our scraps to make backgrounds for cards.  I've done this before and it was pretty easy.  I use by Xyron to coat the entire card base in sticky stuff and then just place the strips in a pattern on the card.  I learned this Herringbone technique from SplitCoast Stampers here: Herringbone tutorial.  Here's the base layer with all of my paper strips:



Then I simply printed a digi sentiment and used my Spellbinders to cut out some layers.  I read that my shipper needs Anniversary cards, so this is my first one!


This is really simple to put together and helps me use up all of my scraps!  Now on to make a patriotic version!


3 comments:

  1. Ooh pretty! I like that pattern too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a few of the tutorial posted on Stars and Stamps, but now I want to do this too. Great way to use scraps that are too small for anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done a number of these since I saw the tutorial. I really, really like it! If I find a particular color is overflowing with scraps, I use this technique to get it under control. I really like the way you used the color in the technigue as the background for your sentiment. It really pulls it all together. LOVE it! Off to try some like yours... :)

    ReplyDelete