Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Clean & Simple 2 - Day 3

Today's class lesson is stamping techniques.  I used the chevron stamp from Simon Says Stamp to make the background for my card.  I tried using chalk inks, but found that the Memento inks of Rhubarb Stalk, Potter's Clay and Desert Sand had the best effect.
 
The paper bow was a freebie from SVG Cuts Paper Bow, which will lays flat and doesn't add much bulk to the card.
I think someone at OWH read my blogpost where I admitted that my last box had no birthday cards in it because that's this week's Midweek Throwdown theme!  Ha ha.  Now I'm getting busy with those cards!
 
Take care and thanks for looking.


13 comments:

  1. I like how you used the chevron stamp for your background paper. It looks great in the 2 different stamp colors. I really love how you put the bow ties downward instead of under the loops. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Like the colors you used. And your freebie paper bow is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that paper bow...I am really wishing I had bought the Cameo now since I've seen so many great SVG projects in the last couple of months. Great work on the card...you can never go wrong with chevrons in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chevrons and that paper bow is great! Love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And thanks for the download for that SVG bow

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. That bow is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! The stamping and embossing are very crisp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the link for the bow, I was sure my handcut one wouldn't look that great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stamping is great and I kove the bow! Don't you love when you are able to use techniques and ideas from a class? I like the way you have the card front shorter to show the greeting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love your stamping and that bow, wow!


    Thanks for playing in our OWH Midweek Throwdown challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not big on the chevron fad, but I love how you used it on this card! With that cute white bow and sentiment, this is a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete