Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Doodlepantry and Chalkboard technique

Hello there, frozen bloggers!  We're going to climb out of our deep freeze here tomorrow and I cannot wait!  To keep me warm and busy, I cards for a few challenges.
 
I have fallen in love with Doodlepantry images since they offered a set for OWH and using my Silhouette to print and cut them makes it so easy to use them on cards.  I had this cute elephant printed out and went through my scraps to create this quick card:
 
I stretched my green paper by piecing it behind Mr. Elephant and the dots around the edges are done using a Pearl Pen. This is my first time entering the Doodlepantry monthly challenge and I'm going to do this regularly - check it out over at their blog here . You get a featured digi image just for playing along, which is wonderful!
 
This week's throwdown challenge over at OWH is a chalkboard technique.  I learned this last year, but this time, I used the Picket Fence Distress marker to make the shadow effect on my embossed images:

I went over some of the embossed swirls with Inktense pencils to add a little color.  It was fun to revisit this technique.  Great challenge idea!
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika! I'm a little hooked on the Doodle Pantry also thanks to OWH. Thanks for their blog challenge info! I love the Imagine chalkboard with your fantastic coloring. It reminds me of one of my favorite songs by John Lennon which played in my head as soon as I saw your card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious! Love the colors you picked for the elephant card and the chalkboard cards are WOW! Thanks for entering Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 42!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that elephant card is just so cute! I have been hooked on DP for a while now. I too learned about them through OWH! I love your cards, and thanks for supporting our troops! Thanks for joining the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your elephant card is adorable!!! Love the chalkboard cards, too!!
    Thanks for playing along with DPDC42!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun, bright, adorable!! The layout is a great one and your take is perfect! Thanks for joining the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge this month!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an adorable elephant card! It's sure to bring a smile to the recipient's face. Thanks for sharing your lovely art with us at Doodle Pantry!

    ReplyDelete