Saturday, January 4, 2014

Challenges for Saturday

Hello!  I'm entering a few card challenges today - a good way to keep that creativity flowing. 
 
The first is a new card challenge blog started by two OWH bloggers - Words 2 Scrap by.  The challenges take their inspiration from words and this month's challenge is to use a lyric from "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music.  I listened to the song and chose the words - "wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings" and imagined geese flying against a setting sun.
 
Here's my card:
 
First I made a circle mask for the moon and put it onto the watercolor paper.  Then, I used Distress Inks to create the sunset background, which I misted over with Perfect Pearls.  The geese are from the Silhouette store (#5442), stamp from Technique Tuesday. 
 
This challenge pushed me to try a new technique and that's always a good thing.
 
The second challenge is the monthly Our Daily Bread Designs challenge at OWH , which is stripes.  Here's my card:
I used three Memento Dew Drop inks and made a simple design, pulling the colors from the striped paper.  I used OWH sketch #201 for this card design:
 
I'm still looking over the many cards posted in the OWH Top 13 of 2013 blog hop and writing down cards that I want to CASE.  There's so much inspiration in the blog world.
 
Hope you have a chance to enter these challenges in between the football playoffs, that is!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Erika, That first card is fantastic. I love that you took yourself outside the box. I don't do that nearly enough, but maybe I can get better about that this year. The whole scene came out beautiful. That second card is certainly another winner. I love the colors you went with here. Just as nice as can be. Enjoy the football games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "Wild Geese That Fly With The Moon On Their Wings" card for the Words 2 Scrap By Challenge is just beautiful! I have to pin that card. Love the ODBD card also and will have to get one made today also. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty cards! I love the wild geese card - your background is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us on our first W2SB challenge! Love how you created your background for the wild geese!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you used the dew drops to create such a beautiful flower. The card is so elegant and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erika, Both of these cards are really lovely. For some reason, I'm especially drawn to the wild geese flying card. Love the technique you used to create the moon and background. Thanks so much for entering our first W2SB challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are beautiful! The flying geese card is so peaceful and calming. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete

  8. Thank you so much for linking your card to the inaugural Words 2 Scrap By challenge! We are thrilled to have you join us in our new venture.
    If would like to be eligible for prizes, we are requesting that you follow W2SB. Challenge winners will be invited to be Guest I-Teamers for upcoming challenges. We have fixed the issues with our follow link.
    Good luck, and thanks for participating in this month's challenge!!
    Bobbi & Sybrina
    http://Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete