Saturday, November 16, 2013

Saturday card making

In between chores and shopping, I found a few minutes to make some cards.  The first ones are from the 2013 Holiday Card workshop at Online Card classes . We learned how to make inlaid die cuts and I cut the word "Noel" and used the positive and negative pieces to lay the word within the card.  It makes great one-layer cards:
 
 
 
I also made a catch up card from September's OWH Bootcamp design lesson on Drawing a blank :
 
 
I had a hard time getting a good picture of the card, but I embossed the sentiment in gold and scored a line above and below it.  I finished it off with a holiday sticker from K&Company. 
 
We've got one more bootcamp lesson coming and I'm pretty sure I've participated in every one this year.  Paula's taught us several design concepts that are great to learn, especially since I do computers for a living and have no formal art training.  Thanks so much, Paula!


1 comment:

  1. I love the green background with the gold sentiment. This is such a nice CAS design and proof that when done well using stickers can results in a beautiful card. Great work!

    ReplyDelete