Wednesday, May 1, 2013

His & Hers class - Day 2 and a challenge

Today's class was another fun day full of techniques.  I used a stamp from the Paper Smooches Potpourri set to make a geometric design, using Tsukineko Brilliance ink pads.  I made the feminine version using the pink, purple, and blue inks and stamped the background with a Hero Arts stamp:
I added Liquid Pearls to the center of the images and around the sentiment.

My masculine version used the same Brilliance inks, but this time in metallic silver, bronze, and gold:
Adding the metal brads and brown background stamp keeps it more "guy" looking to me.

I also managed to make a card for this week's FCCB Challenge - Paper Roses.  We can make anything with paper flowers.  I pulled out my Pagoda Cricut cartridge and made the Cherry Blossoms, cut at 2 inches:
I cut a window in the card front using my Spellbinders dies and then added vellum and a border.  The cherry blossoms needed a bit of Liquid Pearls too.  I was inspired by last week's CBS Sunday show on the cherry blossoms in Washington DC - some year I'll actually go when they're in bloom.

Have a lovely day and thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Thanks so much for playing along with FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cherry blossoms. They are so cheery. thanks for joining our flower challenge at FCCB. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I love the way your cherry blossoms look with the pearl centers. I hope to get to DC someday when they're in bloom too - I think it would be so gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so pretty, I really like the branch with the pretty cherry blossoms!!

    ReplyDelete