Thursday, April 25, 2013

Playing with gelatos ink

I really need to put myself on a craft budget.  After viewing this post at Ellen Hutson's classroom blog, I just had to get some gelatos and try them out.  At least I've learned not to buy the entire line when I'm trying something new - I just bought the orange/yellow set:
 
Gelatos, NEW Set of 4, Yellow
 
They are very easy to use and different from Distress Inks.  I embossed a white paper with a herringbone stamp, brushed the gelatos over it, then used a water brush to spread the colors together.  I was pleased with it and used it as a background for my simple flower card:
 
Those are silk flowers that sit near my craft table.  I'm glad OWH's tutorial was to use flowers because I never think to pull out those flowers and put them on a card.  And I've got a huge jar of them - I could make 200 cards of flowers and still not use all of those flowers!
 
My next card is for the OWH Mid-week "It's About Time" challenge.  I don't have the OWH Hero Arts Time stamp set, but I did have 12x12 clock paper that I used, based on last week's sketch:
 
I made the sentiments in MS Word. The sketch fit perfectly with the round clocks. 
 
On anothernote, one of my cards was selected as the Design Top 5 over at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog.  Yippee!  That makes me do a little happy dance!  Thanks FCCB.
 
Take care and thanks for looking!
 


4 comments:

  1. I like how you used the clocks for the bkgd and then repeated the circle shape for the focal point. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool cards!! I have eyeballed those gelato a few times.. But haven't tried them yet! I love your example of their use. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that clock paper and you used it perfectly for the sketch. Love how you added the extra sentiment to the circle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to showcase you for the sunday spotlight over at FCCB. apieceoflifespie@gmail.com
    Arin
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete