Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mojo Monday and Our Daily Bread Challenges

Hey there!  I worked on cards tonight for some challenges: one at Mojo Monday and two at OWH: Our Daily Bread Design challenge and this week's MWT color challenge.  OK - here goes:
 
This is the Mojo Monday sketch:
Here's my card, which I'm also using for the MWT challenge:
I used a tutorial by Laura B on plaid stamping here to make the Happy Birthday square.  This was my second attempt, but I enjoyed it and will have to try it again someday.  This card uses my favorite color combo - the rainbow!  It's fun to use all of those colors together and I think it makes for a happy card.  I always am happy to see a rainbow in the sky. 
 
My next cards use images from Lettering Delights, who had a $1 sale on all their SVG files.  I bought the Doug's Outer Space collection and cut out this rocket and planet for the ODBD challenge:
 
I printed the sentiment because I tried in vain to find a digital stamp with this sentiment.  This card comes pretty close to using the rainbow colors too - just no red.
 
I made another version of this card too:
I made the dark blue background by cutting small stars on the background.
 
Well, that will do it for me tonight.  Thanks for looking!
 


4 comments:

  1. This is my favorite color combo as well. Love a bright and happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this rocket. The dark blue background with starts cut out is a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea with the rocket with that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your style Erika, very bold and happy! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete