Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful color challenge

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you're enjoying a relaxing day at home with family or friends.  I made two cards for two challenges - the MWT Challenge at OWH and the Be-ye-thankful challenge at FCCB.
 
The MWT challenge was to use two colors together - turquoise & silver.  Since I started this at night, I had a hard time finding turquoise paper - everything looked blue or green!  I cut the word "thanks" from silver paper in my stash, using the Cricut Sampler cartridge.  I used both the positive and negative parts of the cut (on page 61) for the two cards.  I embossed the flower stamp in silver on white vellum and used an EK border punch for the scalloped border.
 
Here's my first card:
Here's my second card, using scraps left over from the first card:
 
I loved this color combo and of course, my pictures don't show the silver embossing very well.  I'm going to do some more of this for OWH Valentine's Day cards....fun!  Have a great day.
 
Challenges entered:
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Wow Erika your cards are gorgeous! I love the look of your embossed vellum!

    Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown Color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty Erika, the colors are so sharp, I really like that silver!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning cards, Erika! I've never tried silver embossing powder; it looks gorgeous on the vellum. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erika, your cards are beautiful! Fantastic job with embossing on vellum! I like that you made two cards using the positive/negative of your cut file and I like that you used the same stamp vertically and horizontally. Great ideas and beautiful. I notice that your are in SC - me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards- love the embossing on vellum! I also struggled with my paper color! lol-- but you nailed it! I like the cricut font too!

    ReplyDelete