Thursday, July 26, 2012

OWH Midweek Throwdown

Hi bloggers!  I'm feeling quite happy because I've managed to fit in scrapbooking along with a bit of cardmaking this week (actually, a little less guilty for being so far behind scrapbooking). 
This week's OWH Midweek Throwdown challenge is to make cards of encouragement. 

I cut balloons from Lettering Delight's Balloon Craze for these cards, along with the loopy frame behind them.  The stamp set is from Papertrey Ink - framed out #5.  I love the little "Follow your dreams" sentiment - it just seems like a balloon would go with that to remind you to take flight with your dreams!

Here are my two cards:

Now I'm off to make a few more balloons.  My next goal is to make some "Missing You" cards since Sandy Allnock posted a need for those on the Homefront Blog.  It's still too hot to make holiday cards - 102 degrees here today in the Carolinas!  Ugh!

Thanks for your lovely comments....I truly appreciate them!

4 comments:

  1. wow! What detail in these cards! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful balloons! And the sentiment is so perfect! Sorry about the heat; now I'm feeling a little guilty for having to put on a lightweight sweater to go to the Farmers' Market and Waterfront fishmonger here in the Pacific Northwest this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow your balloons are gorgeous! Love your cards today :)

    Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous balloons. TFS

    ReplyDelete