Monday, January 9, 2012

Clean & Simple Card Class

Yeah!  I'm happy to take another online card class from Kristina Werner, Jennifer M and Julie E called Clean and Simple Card Class.  My goals are:


- make at least one card a day
- keep my craft area clean (it took me a week to clean up after the Holiday class!)
- use the supplies I have (so I can buy more supplies later  :-)

Today's class is based on monochromatic colors and sketches. For my first card, here's the sketch and card that I made.  I used the Peeled Paint Distress Ink, Paper Trey Ink card stock and a Hero Arts background stamp.  I used a silver pen to ink the edges and silver embossing powder for the sentiment (which also is by Hero Arts).  The silver embellishment is from a Spellbinder die.

  

I used the same cardstock for another card sketch, but the card is loosely based on the sketch.
I made a few mistakes with this card and inked the base twice, which you can see around the edges if you look closely.  I'm not going to sweat the small mistakes and just keep going!  (Another rule for this class). 

 

I'm really looking forward to our daily inspiration and seeing what all of the talented ladies make. 

Thanks for looking!





1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful stamp that you used! The colors are great :)

    ReplyDelete