Friday, January 13, 2012

C & S class - Day 4

The Day 4 technique in our Clean and Simple card class was tone-on-tone cards.  I attempted to make a male card, using Steam Punk gears and brown colors.  After working on it, I decided it was booooring!! Here's what it looked like halfway through:



I decided to make another card entirely, using a herringbone technique from SplitCoast Stampers: Herringbone.  I salvaged two of the gears from my failed card above and used up plenty of scraps putting the strips of paper on the card.  I embossed the Happy Birthday sentiment with Antique Gold embossing powder (Martha Stewart).  The paper I used is from Graphic 45.

Here's my result:




I'm submitting this card for the FCCB Challenge #93 - Man Time.  Tomorrow I'll try another technique - I've learned so many this week.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. I love your card!!! Great job and thank you for joining us at FCCB!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love this technique of herringbone! Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome!! I love the papers and the herringbone technique!! What a great card!! Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB!

    Lisa
    FCCB Design Team Member
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete