Thursday, March 7, 2013

OWH keeps it going!

This week's Tuesday tutorial and Mid week Throwdown challenges at OWH kept me busy.  Tuesday's tutorial was how to make Spirelli embellishments.  I had to study this one for a bit and made a few before I got the hang of it for this card:
 
Sentiment is from the Stamps of Life.
 
Next up was a tic-tac-toe challenge!
Tic Tac Toe 001
I choose the top row: Brads, Border Punch, Ribbon:
I embossed part of the yellow with the Swiss Dots folder and stamped the sentiment, from Simon Says Stamp on the unembossed section.  I added the rickrack ribbon and used a Martha Stewart border punch on the bottom of my tag.  That sunflower is a Mrs Grossman's sticker - one of many I'm trying to use up.
 
The challenge forced me to use extra elements on my card which gave it some extra pizzazz.  What fun!  I'm looking forward to this weekend's BlogSkip!  Catch ya'll later. 
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Erika,

    The thumbnail of this MWT card caught my eye. Love the embossed, unembossed sections that are separated by the rickrack ribbon. Great use of the sticker.

    ReplyDelete