Sunday, March 25, 2012

OWH Challenge #114

Another post in the same day - wow!  I am really ignoring all sorts of housecleaning!  Ha ha!  I made a quick card for OWH's sketch #114.  They've challenged us to make masculine cards, which I've been doing with the inspiration from the Creative Chemistry classes. 

Here's the sketch:

Here's my card.  I used Distress inks and misted them with water to create the background pieces.  I stamped the lighthouse after using Evergreen Bough distress ink on the background.  The Happy Birthday sentiment didn't stamp too dark, but it's enough to see.


Thanks for looking!


11 comments:

  1. Love the background! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great background - looks likeeveryone is learning something great in the class. thanks for supporting OWH.

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika -- great background colors. I like how you used brads on your four corners too. TFS your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to use the Creative Chemistry!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erika, Very nice card. Love the effect you got with your background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Erika! Love that background effect and the airy quality it gives the lighthouse. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty background! Great use of the class! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this..and what a nice lighthouse scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. That background is great--love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how your card turned out. The background turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Distress Inks with a little water misting or flicking! Great card.

    ReplyDelete