Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Holiday Cards

Instead of doing housework, I'm creating cards!  I used stockings from the Very Merry Tags cartridge using my Gypsy (I'm still learning how to use it) and the Recollections Holiday Traditions paper pad.  This card was one mistake after another.... I wasn't going to put a greeting at the top, but I dribbled Glossy Accents and had to cover it up!


I'm entering this card in FCCB's Challenge #88 - Holiday Card
My second holiday card used a SVG from Lettering Delight's Holiday Lights set.  The snowman was sooo adorable.  I cut out all his layers and then embossed the white layer in my Big Shot.  The acetate background has snowflakes that I stamped with Staz-On white ink.  I learned this technique in the Holiday Boot Card Boot Camp.

I'm entering this card in the 2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Holiday Card

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. I love both of your cards!Good use of pattern paper, something I've been challenging myself with lately! Very good job and thanks for joining us at FCCB!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. Love the stocking one.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are great!! Love that fat little snowman!!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute-- love the acetate stamped background! Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute snowman...:) great cards

    ReplyDelete