Sunday, June 5, 2011

Birthday card using ruffle technique

Using a tutorial from Operation Write Home on the dimensional ruffle technique, (Ruffle Card), I made a birthday card for my mother-in-law.  It's a great technique to use up my scraps, which I have waaay too many of!  Here's the card:


I don't get to make too many feminine cards, so I just had to go with a pink sparkly butterfly that I cut out using SCAL.



Lots and lots of ruffles, with dimensional stickers to pop them up a bit:

I'm entering this card in these two challenges:

Card Making Mamas: Anything Goes Challenge

Thanks for looking!




8 comments:

  1. I love your pastel layers - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you card! Those heart ruffles are wonderful. Got to try ruffles on something!
    I'm a new follower or yours!
    Cindy Porter http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/
    Come by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is SOOO pretty!! The ruffles are great, thanks for the link too! Thanks for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the heart ruffle!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin Mamas this week! Have Fun and I hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs, Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mother-in-law will love this card. So lacy and feminine. Great job, beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erika!

    Thanks for stopping over and leaving a comment! You have a lovely blog and I can tell by this card you do lovely projects too! I look forward to seeing more of your creations! Good luck with the challenges!

    Susan
    cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can identify with you on the over-flowing stash of scraps to use up, but what a great way to use them with the likeness of this pretty card! I love all those punched borders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just a really lovely card! Love the heart border!!!

    ReplyDelete